Mobile Home Roof Seals Ranked
No matter where your mobile home ends up, the sky will always pour some rain, or the sun will be too hot. That said, you need the right mobile home seal coat to keep your manufactured home’s metal roof in tip-top shape. Here we have mobile home roof seals ranked from high-end to cheaper that are recommended to get the job done.
Before we get into the ranking guide, know that you should apply a fresh mobile home roof sealant about once every two years depending on your climate. It’s important to take the seasons into consideration before applying your new roof coating. You’ll want to ensure that the roof is warm, dry, and dirt-free.
A roof that is not properly taken care of will develop rust and start to crack. This is very common on older mobile homes that metal roofs. Roof coating helps in sealing mobile home roof cracks. Re-sealing your roof will help you protect your home from having any water seep through the roof. It also prevents the roof from absorbing all the heat, thus making it more prone to damage.
It’s best to apply the new coating during the spring and summer months. Fall is warm enough, but depending on where you live, there may be branches and leaves falling onto your roof while it’s drying. The warmer the weather, the quicker for the mobile home roof sealant to dry.
Remember to keep safety in mind and always have someone nearby that can assist you while climbing a ladder. Before applying the new sealant, you’ll want to inspect the roof. If there are big cracks then you’ll need to do patchwork. You’ll also want to check the caulking around metal flashing if you have a swamp cooler. Another thing you’ll want to do is ensure that there are no leaves for branches on the roof. You can brush the roof off or use a leaf blower. If you have more time, then it’s actually good to power wash the roof (if the roof is well-maintained and has no cracks).
There are a wide number of mobile home roof seals to choose from, so we gathered a few of the best for you! Want to know the best seal coat company to use? Continue reading!
The Mobile Home Roof Seals Ranked List
1. Henry TropiCool Roof Coat
With a whopping 4.7 stars on Amazon, this brand takes the lead for the highly recommended mobile home seal coat to use. This product is available in three sizes – 1, 5, and 55 gallons.
Is your mobile home roof color gray? Do not worry! This brand carries three colors – white, tan, and gray! And the price ranges from $70 to $500, depending on the size.
- Superior weather resistance! That means it can reduce interior heating making the inside of your mobile home cooler.
- Mold and mildew resistant.
- The product mixture itself is thick and gloppy which creates more protection for the mobile home roof once dried.
- This seal coating is easy to dry as well and able to apply the second coat on the same day.
- A 1.5-gallon bucket of Henry TropiCool Roof Coat can cover at least 100 to 250 square feet. A 5-gallon can cover two thick coats over a 34 feet long roof.
- This product is very thick. It is not like paint which tends to be more ‘liquidy’ and easy to drip. Because it has a thick texture, you might find it difficult to install on the roof.
- If applied correctly, you won’t believe the difference this will make to the roof of your manufactured house. It is surely worth the money!
2. Kool Seal Elastomeric Finish Coat
This is another mobile home roof seal that is highly valued in the market and one you definitely have to try! It received 4 out of 5 ratings on Amazon with over 50% positive feedback.
Kool Seal Elastomeric Finish Coat normally comes in two sizes – 1 and 5 gallons. The price range is between $40 to $200. When it comes to its formula, the mobile home seal coat is elastomeric acrylic which basically means it is rubber-like and stretchy once it dried up.
- A product of the USA.
- It can dramatically reduce the roof temperature, which contributes to reducing energy consumption by 20 to 70 percent.
- Can cover at least 50 to 100 square feet per gallon.
- Reflects the heat and protects the mobile home roof from harsh elements.
- Easy to apply using a spray or roller. And it flows well on the surface.
- The dry time takes only about 6 hours, however, if doing a second coat, the advisable dry time is 24 hours.
- As a roof coating, this one is not so easy to clean with warm, soapy water, but that is because it is solvent-based.
- This is most recommended for surfaces including metal, concrete, masonry, fiberglass, and stucco. So this product may not be compatible with the mobile home roof that is made of traditional shingles or a special type of roofing.
Kool Seal Elastomeric Finish Coat is an amazing mobile home seal coat that provides results as advertised. Although it belongs to the higher, more expensive brand of seal coating, the money you will spend will not be put to waste!
3. Lanco Seal Acrylic Elastomeric Roof Sealer
Here is a high-performing mobile home seal coat for your mobile home roof needs. This product is effective for waterproofing the mobile home roof since it has a tough plastic membrane.
The price range for Lanco Seal Acrylic Elastomeric Roof Sealer ranges from $35 to $200, depending on the size you will get.
- It is highly flexible and creates a tough plastic polymer texture when it dries.
- Protect the roof surface from damages, wear, and outside elements such as debris that scratches the mobile home roof.
- Reflects the sun rays, hence reducing the heat absorbed by the roof.
- Uses low V.O.C. or Volatile Organic Compound which are usually man-made chemicals that may cause various human health issues and also participates in the photochemical reaction in the atmosphere.
- Completely seal the roof of the manufactured house leaving no way for leaks to enter the inside of the home.
- You have to really avoid going over the same area during the first coat because it might create an uneven finish.
- It takes around 24 hours to dry and apply the second coat.
- When using in combination, only use recommended products, otherwise, it will create an uneven finish on your mobile home roof.
- The recommended installation for this seal coating brand is only during the warm, clear days because the formula must be kept water or rain-free for at least 6 hours.
- Over time, it could get covered by mildew and algae.
Elastomeric roof sealers offer great benefits to mobile home roofs. This product is a must-try if you are looking for a cheaper way to extend the lifespan of your mobile home roof.
4. Gardner Sta-Kool Roof Coating
The Gardner Sta-Kool is ideal for waterproof mobile homes that have either low slope or flat roofing. For the price, it is typically around $125 for 5 gallons, but you can surely get one for a lesser price, especially during sales. We’ve seen as low as $75 for 5 gallons.
- It has a rubberized finish that is guaranteed to resist water leaks or increase the cracking of the mobile roof.
- The formula of this product is suited for the chaining climate, so you can apply it during the summer or cold days.
- It uses UV inhibitors that keep the surface cool, hence will last longer.
- Since this product has a rubber finish, the roof can become quite slippery once it dried. Therefore, going up there to fix something could be challenging.
- The rubber finish might also shrink over time and exposure to harsh environmental elements, especially pointy or sharp debris may easily tear the coating.
- If putting a second coat, proper drying is essential, which could take up to 24 hours. Otherwise, the rubber adhesive might not stick.
A rubber-type of coating works best if you are trying to waterproof your mobile home. It is also highly recommended to use for flat roofing not just for its desirable cost, but also for easy maintenance.
5. Rust-Oleum LeakSeal Flexible Rubber Coating
Last on this mobile home roof seal list is the Rust-Oleum LeakSeal Flexible Rubber Coating which has a crystal clear formula and comes in smaller sizes – 8 and 30 ounces- and costs around $15 to $50, depending on which size you will buy.
As the name suggests, this seal coating product for mobile homes has a rubberized finish. It is basically designed to fill cracks and tears on the roof.
- Prevents moisture from penetrating the roof
- Avoid roof rusting and corrosion
- Ideal to use for the mobile home roof, gutters, masonry, and more!
- Easy and instant sealing solution for the manufactured houses
- Ideal to use for hard-to-reach areas of the mobile home roof
- The product is manufactured in smaller sizes compared to its competitors, so it may not be able to cover the entire mobile home roof.
- If you decide to choose this product, you can expect to spend more to cover the entire roof of your mobile house.
Rust-Oleum LeakSeal Flexible Rubber Coating is recommended for repairing and preventing leakage. If you are looking for a smaller mobile home seal coat just to seal cracks on your roof, this is the product to buy.
Leaking mobile home roof? That is no problem! Use one of the highly recommended seal coatings listed above. Hopefully, this collection of mobile home roof seals ranked from one to five helped you decide on the best seal coat company to use!
Remember that it’s always a good idea to seal your roof on a bi-annual basis. For more information on maintaining your mobile home roof click here. Remember, if you’re tired of maintaining your manufactured home, then we are the best mobile home buyers in Colorado to work with. We offer flexible options for our mobile home sellers. Give us a call today for more information.